Valleyfair Food Drive - June 3, 2020
Valleyfair is a gathering place for family, friends, and neighbors to create lifelong memories and social connections. Community starts with all of us, and we are supporting the Twin Cities community by collecting food donations on Wednesday, June 3.
HOW TO DONATE
- Stop by Valleyfair (1 Valleyfair Drive, Shakopee, MN 55379) between 7:00 AM and 12:00 PM on Wednesday, June 3, 2020.
- Drop off non-perishable food items.
The Valleyfair team will take care of distributing the donations to local food banks across the Twin Cities Metro area.
NON-PERISHABLE FOOD WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Fruit: Pineapple, peaches, mango, pears, applesauce, manadarin oranges, mango, prunes/raisins
- Vegetable: Carrots, Corn, mixed veggies, green beans, peas, bamboo shoots, baby corn
- Entrée: Chili, chicken noodle soup, pasta sauce, mac and cheese, ravioli, enchilada sauce, chipotle in adobo, diced chiles, diced tomato, tomato paste, fava beans, curry soup, coconut milk, curry paste, tomato soup
- Base/Grain: Rice, spaghetti, macaroni, oatmeal, corn flour, fideo noodle, rice noodle, bean thread noodle
- Protein: Tuna, chicken, black bean
- Snacks: Individually packaged and NUT-FREE
- It is best if all canned items are under 16oz.
- Looking for pop tops
- Requesting that items be nut-free
- Not accepting expired food – please make sure the food you are donating will not expire for the next 6 months (at minimum)
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE BACK
George Floyd Memorial Fund
About: On May 25, 2020 George Floyd tragically passed away. This fund is established to cover funeral and burial expenses, mental and grief counseling and to assist George’s family in the days to come.
Urban Ventures (Valleyfair Partner)
About: Urban Ventures works to address opportunity gaps in academics, nutrition, physical activity, parenting resources and more. Visit the website below for details on what you can do now, and Urban Ventures will continually communicate myriad additional ways to help in the days ahead.
Twin Cities Giving Back
About: This is a Facebook group for local businesses and families who have had their property destroyed by recent riots.
Minneapolis Small Businesses
About: All donations will go towards family-owned restaurants and businesses in Minneapolis that were destroyed.
We Love Lake Street Fundraiser
About: Started by Visit Lake Street, the Lake Street Council (501c3) will donate 100% of donations toward helping the Lake Street small business community rebuild their storefronts and providing for their community in this time of need. Community members can also find clean up volunteer opportunities online.