Physics and Science Days
May 15, 16, & 22, 2019
$25 + tax / per student
If Sir Isaac Newton were alive today, we’re pretty sure he would sign off on a physics class field trip to Valleyfair. As a renowned scientist credited with many physics principles we follow today, he would know that an innovative – and totally fun – way to demonstrate the science that deals with matter, energy, motion and force is a modern-day roller coaster. We sure have plenty of those at Valleyfair, so bring your students to participate in our specially designed physics and science educational activities.
We’ve collaborated with leading teachers and consultants to develop activities and downloadable packets that can be used as a resource guide or modified to meet your current teaching requirements.
Experiencing the laws of physics firsthand while having a blast can certainly work up an appetite, so add a catered meal to your Physics and Science Day to make it complete.
Valleyfair partners with leaders in interactive education to deliver an impactful, hands-on STEM learning and action-packed fun opportunity.
9:00 AM - Early Ride Time For Schools, Select Rides
- 10:00 AM - Milk Carton Boat Races, Wave Pool
- 11:00 AM - University Of MN Physics Force Live Show, Galaxy Theatre
- 10:00 AM-12: 00 PM - Physics Help Stations, Depot Refreshments & Chicken Shack
- 10:00 AM-3: 00 PM - Teacher & Chaperone Lounge, Picnic Point
*Times, activities and locations subject to change without notice
Milk Carton Boat Races
Schools Must Register by May 13
May 15, 16 & 22, 2019
On your mark, get set, and GO at Valleyfair’s annual milk carton boat races. Students are challenged to create a boat made of milk cartons that must float in Breakers Bay Wave Pool.
2019 Information Coming Soon!
Join Physics Force as they go above and beyond with a blend of slapstick, prop comedy, and science to educate and entertain students of all ages. Watch as Jack Netland and Hank Ryan bring physics to life with grand and visual excitement.
Free Plans & Activities
A collection of more than 50 free educational tools that meet state curriculum requirements, including interactive activities for 18 Valleyfair attractions. All materials have been recently updated in partnership with GO4ST8 PHYSICS.
Bus Driver and Parking Information
When arriving at Valleyfair, please stay in the far right-hand lane and proceed to the toll booth. Parking is free for full-size buses with 15 or more passengers (not including the bus driver). Large vans or minibusses will be assessed a parking fee. Buses must park in the designated bus parking area in the northern parking lot adjacent to pick-up and drop-off parking. At times, the bus lot can fill up; in this case, buses will likely be directed by parking lot associates and/or Security staff on where to park. If the bus is merely dropping off your group and not staying in the lot all day, your bus will need to park where buses are being directed to park at that time, unload, and then exit. At no time are buses allowed to park in or near the fire lane in front of the plaza, regardless if you are dropping off your group or simply parking. Encourage your group to take note of where the bus is parked so they may find the bus at the end of their visit.
BUS DRIVER ADMISSION
Drivers of buses carrying 15 or more passengers will receive a courtesy pass valid on the date of the event from the toll booth associate. The bus driver will need to bring the courtesy pass to Guest Services and present his or her valid CDL to redeem the courtesy pass for an admission ticket. Only one bus driver courtesy pass is issued per bus and is only valid on the day the bus arrives (date on receipt).
- Please use the email confirmation as your ‘invoice’ to obtain payment from your organization
- Valleyfair Accepts: Major Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover/NOVUS, Amex), Cash (accepted at the Will Call Building) One Organizational Check/Money Order/Cashier Check (made payable to Valleyfair)
- Sorry, Valleyfair Does Not Accept: Purchase Orders, Multiple Checks, Personal Checks
PRE-PAY TO RECEIVE TICKETS IN ADVANCE
We recommend that you prepay for your group tickets at least 2 weeks before your scheduled event date so we can ship the tickets to you.
- FREE shipping within the USA as long as payment is received by Valleyfair Group Sales at least two weeks in advance. Restrictions apply to shipments outside the USA. Prepaid orders that cannot be shipped will be held for the group leader to pick up at Valleyfair’s Will Call Building on the event date.
- Checks should be made payable to Valleyfair and be addressed ATTN: Group Sales, One Valleyfair Drive, Shakopee MN 55379. INCLUDE ORDER ID WITH PAYMENT.
- With tickets in hand, your group can bypass the Will Call Building and present tickets at the entrance turnstiles for park admission.
- If needed, the group leader can purchase additional tickets (for the same group on the same event date) at the Will Call Building by presenting the original purchase receipt.
- The group leader can mail back any extra tickets for a refund.*
PICK UP AND PAY UPON ARRIVAL
For groups that have not pre-paid, the group leader will need to go to the Will Call Building located at Valleyfair’s front gate. At the Will Call Building, the group leader can make adjustments to the reservation as long as the adjustment does not drop below the minimum required for the Group Sales program’s rate.
A few helpful tips to speed up the process at the Will Call Building on your event date:
- The Will Call Building generally opens one hour before the park is scheduled to open to the general public and closes at the end of operating hours. If the Will Call Building is closed when you arrive, report to the Season Pass Building next door.
- Have your payment ready and know exactly what you will need to purchase before you arrive. That way you purchase only what you need in one transaction.
- Bring the Order ID number from the email confirmation with you and present it to the associate at the Will Call Building.
- Keep in mind that drink wristbands are available to groups only. Drink wristbands are not sold individually.
- Make sure you receive all the tickets you paid for before leaving the Will Call Building. Once the tickets, meal vouchers and drink wristbands are issued to you, they become your responsibility.
- Group members are required to remain on the bus and away from the entrance area until the group leader returns with the tickets. Please distribute tickets as group members exit the bus or vehicle.
*Group Sales Refunds: All group tickets are dated and valid only on the scheduled event date. Some tickets may be upgraded at any ticket booth for use on another day – please read your ticket carefully for validity dates and upgrade costs. If you choose to return any tickets for a refund, they must be received by Valleyfair no later than 30 days after your event date. If your ticket return drops your original purchase below the minimum required for the Group Sales program’s rate the price per ticket will be adjusted to prevailing gate price. NOTE: A price adjustment may 1) result in a lesser refund than anticipated or 2) make you ineligible for a refund. Groups must also return any courtesy tickets that they no longer qualify for. Otherwise, the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly. (Courtesy tickets have no refund value.) The refund will be applied to the original credit card used when possible; otherwise, a check will be mailed to the group leader. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process qualifying refunds. Some Special Event tickets are non-refundable. Prices, hours, dates, schedules and policies are subject to change without notice. Visit valleyfair.com for the most up-to-date park information
Valleyfair Accelerometer Policy
Accelerometers WILL BE permitted on the following rides:
- Bumper Cars
- Ferris Wheel
- High Roller
- Looping Starship
- Mad Mouse
- Steel Venom
Electronic Accelerometers used in conjunction with a data vest WILL BE permitted on the following rides:
- Power Tower
- Wild Thing
- Xtreme Swing
For safety reasons, Valleyfair will only allow accelerometers that meet the following guidelines.
Non-Electronic Hand-Held Accelerometer
- Must be a simple-spring or horizontal accelerometer made of lightweight, non-breakable material.
- Simple-spring or horizontal accelerometer must be small enough to not interfere with the riders’ ability to safely ride the ride and must be secured to the rider. Riders must be able to hold on to restraints with both hands at all times.
- Accelerometers must have a wrist strap and have the ability to be secured for the duration of the ride.
Electronic and Phone App Accelerometers
- Electronic accelerometers (including phone app software) will only be permitted when used in conjunction with a data vest accessory.
- If your school or organization would like to supply and utilize a data vest for your students, it must be inspected and approved by Valleyfair prior to being allowed on the listed attractions. Please make your requests for approval to our sales team prior to arrival at the park.
- Vests must have the ability to secure the accelerometer or data device in a pocket and fastened with Velcro, a button or zipper.
- Vest must fit securely to the participant and must not interfere with the proper function of the restraint system.
- Vests must be secured on the rider before boarding the ride unit and the data device must be activated prior to the locking of the restraint.
In order to facilitate the use of accelerometers and provide each rider with the safest ride possible, accelerometers that do not meet these guidelines, will not be allowed on any ride. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (W9)
Emergency Contact Form