A Message from Richard Zimmerman, Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Updated March 27, 2020
At Cedar Fair, the safety and well-being of our Guests and Associates are always our top priorities.
We have been continuously monitoring and following regional and national health directives related to COVID-19 and we want to keep you informed on how these events will impact our park schedule. Currently, it is our hope to open Valleyfair as originally scheduled in mid-May or as soon thereafter as possible.
We appreciate the support and cooperation of our Guests and Associates during this ever-evolving situation. Your loyalty to Valleyfair is invaluable. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Chief Executive Officer
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your cleanliness and sanitization standards and procedures?
Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitization of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
- Quick response to spills, trash, and other situations;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches, and trash cans;
- Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines
The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.
As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national, and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.