Valleyfair is known for its delicious cheeseburgers, tasty chicken tenders, and savory funnel cakes, but this year our Foods Team is adding a new menu item, a Vegan Juicy Lucy.
While we have always offered a variety of vegan and vegetarian meal options throughout the park, this new burger is going to be a game-changer for both meat-eaters and vegans alike.
Since the park is not yet open for you to try this awesome new dish, we are giving you an exclusive look at the recipe along with tips and tricks on how to make this burger at home.
We hope you enjoy it! Be sure to share your finished products with us on social media by tagging us @ValleyfairMN or using the hashtag #Valleyfair.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 8 oz Beyond / Impossible Meat Sub
- 1 slc Daiya Smoke Gouda or Fontina Cheese
- 2 oz Giardiniera
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 ea Vegan Bun, sliced
1. Make two 4oz symmetrical patties.
2. Place cheese slice in the middle of one patty and place the other patty directly on top of the cheese (line up the edges).
3. Pinch edges together all the way around the patty and reform the burger shape once sealed.
4. Sprinkle top of the patty with salt and pepper.
5. Medium Hot grill, place burger S&P side down, and grill for 4 min. Flip and cook other side for another 4 min.
6. Remove from direct heat (on the cooler side of the grill or top rack of the grill) for an additional 3 min to melt the cheese inside.
7. While cheese is melting, lightly brush each slice of the bun with olive oil and place on grill until toasted/marked.
8. Place burger on the bottom bun, top the patty with Giardiniera, and other half of the bun.