El Taco Mercado Pollo Taco Recipe
Last year, El Taco Mercado debuted a new menu featuring a variety of delicious street tacos. Today we are bringing one of those recipes into your house, so grab your apron and mixing bowl because it's time to make some pollo tacos.
Our Foods Team makes this recipe incredibly easy to follow and try at home. We hope you enjoy it! Be sure to share your finished products with us on social media by tagging us @ValleyfairMN or using the hashtag #Valleyfair.
- Chicken Breast (as many tacos as you are making)
- Taco Seasoning (1 packet)
- Whole Kernel Sweet Corn (1 can)
- 1 Lime
- Minced Garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Red Onion (1/4 cup chopped)
- Cilantro (as much as you would like)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cotija cheese
- 6-inch tortilla shells
1. Prep chicken breasts by trimming the fat off and coating in taco seasoning
2. Place chicken breasts on a pan with aluminum foil and preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
3. Cook chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes, until no pink is left and then remove from oven and let cool. While chicken is cooking, make corn relish mix.
4. Open and drain one can of whole kernel sweet corn and put into a medium-size mixing bowl
5. Chop up ¼ cup of red onions; you can use less if you prefer less and put the red onion into mixing bowl with corn
6. Chop your desired amount of cilantro. Typically one "cluster" is plenty. Remember to cut off the stem before chopping the leaves then place in corn and onion mix.
7. Cut one small lime in half and squeeze both halves over corn mix.
8. Season corn mix with one tablespoon of minced garlic and salt to taste
9. Once the chicken is finished cooking, shred chicken using two forks.
10. Grab a plate, put the tortilla shell on the bottom, add seasoned chicken, top with corn relish mix, and sprinkle cotija cheese on top.
11. Serve and enjoy!