May 23, 2019
$25 +tax per student
$10 +tax per season passholder
What does it take to sell FUN? It’s not as easy as it may seem, so bring your students to Valleyfair's Marketing Day to learn from some of the industry’s best marketing professionals. At this sales and marketing workshop, students will learn the ins and outs of developing and executing an intricate and complex marketing campaign. Topics may include: defining the product; selecting target groups; planning advertising strategies with radio, television, digital, out-of-home and direct mail; executing in-park marketing strategies; planning special events; initiating group sales and much more. Students can interact with a panel of special guests who will share their insights and give tips on how to prepare for a rewarding career in this dynamic field.
After class, students can go out into the park and see the marketing plan in action – oh, and have a blast on all the rides, attractions and live shows!
- The program begins at 11:00 AM in the Galaxy Theater.
Upgrade Your Day in the Park
Add a group meal or even more fun to your day with a trip back in time to the days of the dinosaurs.
Just $2 More
Transport back millions of years in Dinosaurs Alive!, an animatronic dinosaur park that brings inspiration, science and technology together in a unique setting allowing guests to encounter over 30 life-sized dinosaurs.
Starting at $9.99/meal + tax
Your students will need some food to fuel their full day of fun! Treat your group to a delicious meal at an affordable price. Choose from one of our specially priced meal options for students and youth groups.
Bus Driver and Parking Information
When arriving at Valleyfair, please stay in the far right-hand lane and proceed to the toll booth. Parking is free for full-size buses with 15 or more passengers (not including the bus driver). Large vans or mini buses will be assessed a parking fee. Buses must park in the designated bus parking area in the northern parking lot adjacent to pick-up and drop-off parking. At times, the bus lot can fill up; in this case, buses will likely be directed by parking lot associates and/or Security staff on where to park. If the bus is merely dropping off your group and not staying in the lot all day, your bus will need to park where buses are being directed to park at that time, unload, and then exit. At no time are buses allowed to park in or near the fire lane in front of the plaza, regardless if you are dropping off your group or simply parking. Encourage your group to take note of where the bus is parked so they may find the bus at the end of their visit.
BUS DRIVER ADMISSION
Drivers of buses carrying 15 or more passengers will receive a courtesy pass valid on the date of event from the toll booth associate. The bus driver will need to bring the courtesy pass to Guest Services and present his or her valid CDL to redeem the courtesy pass for an admission ticket. Only one bus driver courtesy pass is issued per bus and is only valid on the day the bus arrives (date on receipt).
- Please use the email confirmation as your ‘invoice’ to obtain payment from your organization
- Valleyfair Accepts: Major Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover/NOVUS, Amex), Cash (accepted at the Will Call Building) One Organizational Check/Money Order/Cashier Check (made payable to Valleyfair)
- Sorry, Valleyfair Does Not Accept: Purchase Orders, Multiple Checks, Personal Checks
PRE-PAY TO RECEIVE TICKETS IN ADVANCE
We recommend that you prepay for your group tickets at least 2 weeks before your scheduled event date so we can ship the tickets to you.
- FREE shipping within the USA as long as payment is received by Valleyfair Group Sales at least two weeks in advance. Restrictions apply to shipments outside the USA. Prepaid orders that cannot be shipped will be held for the group leader to pick up at Valleyfair’s Admissions Building on the event date.
- Checks should be made payable to Valleyfair and be addressed ATTN: Group Sales, One Valleyfair Drive, Shakopee MN 55379. INCLUDE ORDER ID WITH PAYMENT.
- With tickets in hand, your group can bypass the Admissions Building and present tickets at the entrance turnstiles for park admission.
- If needed, the group leader can purchase additional tickets (for the same group on the same event date) at the Admissions Building by presenting the original purchase receipt.
- Unused tickets can be kept and used another day for a $10 upgrade fee or the group leader can return extra tickets for a refund.*
PICK UP AND PAY UPON ARRIVAL
For groups that have not pre-paid, the group leader will need to go to the Will Call Building located at Valleyfair’s front gate. At the Will Call Building, the group leader can make adjustments to the reservation as long as the adjustment does not drop below the minimum required for the Group Sales program’s rate.
A few helpful tips to speed up the process at the Will Call Building on your event date:
- The Admissions Building generally opens one hour before the park is scheduled to open to the general public and closes at the end of operating hours.
- Have your payment ready and know exactly what you will need to purchase before you arrive. That way you purchase only what you need in one transaction.
- Bring the Order ID number from the email confirmation with you and present it to the associate at the Admissions Building.
- Make sure you receive all the tickets you paid for before leaving the Admissions Building. Once the tickets, meal vouchers and drink wristbands are issued to you, they become your responsibility.
- Group members are required to remain on the bus and away from the entrance area until the group leader returns with the tickets. Please distribute tickets as group members exit the bus or vehicle.
*Group Sales Refunds: All group tickets are dated and valid only on the scheduled event date. Some tickets may be upgraded at any ticket booth for use on another day – please read your ticket carefully for validity dates and upgrade costs. If you choose to return any tickets for a refund, they must be received by Valleyfair no later than 30 days after your event date. If your ticket return drops your original purchase below the minimum required for the Group Sales program’s rate the price per ticket will be adjusted to prevailing gate price. NOTE: A price adjustment may 1) result in a lesser refund than anticipated or 2) make you ineligible for a refund. Groups must also return any courtesy tickets that they no longer qualify for. Otherwise, the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly. (Courtesy tickets have no refund value.) The refund will be applied to the original credit card used when possible; otherwise, a check will be mailed to the group leader. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process qualifying refunds. Some Special Event tickets are non-refundable. Prices, hours, dates, schedules and policies are subject to change without notice. Visit valleyfair.com for the most up-to-date park information
Request for Taxpayer Identification Number (W9)
Emergency Contact Form