2021 Dates To Be Announced Soon!
We see the cars flying on the tracks, zipping around hairpin curves, and inverting guests at mind-boggling speeds. We feel the wind in our hair and lumps in our stomachs when we plunge down a dizzying freefall. We know the effects of Valleyfair’s epic thrill rides, but really, how do roller coasters work? What kind of science, math, and mega-extreme logistics go into world-class thrill rides? Come to Engineering Day, an interactive event dedicated to engineering for students, so they can get up close and personal with science on a grand scale (and we mean GRAND, as in Power Tower-style humongous). Students will learn from industry professionals how Valleyfair uses technology and human tendencies to build a park suitable for thousands of guests each day.
Afterward, students will experience this engineering firsthand with a great day at the park. Combine that with a catered meal and you’ve engineered a full day of success!
- The program begins at 10:30 AM.
Think you have what it takes to build the perfect rollercoaster for Valleyfair? Put your engineering skills and creativity to the test with this new project we’re debuting in conjunction with Engineering Day! Coasters must be built in advance and presented at Engineering Day where they will be judged by a panel on Technical Merit, Theme and Creativity, and Rider Enjoyment.
- Check back later for more details.
Space is limited, make sure to reserve your spot today!
When arriving at Valleyfair, please stay in the far right-hand lane and proceed to the toll booth. Parking is free for full-size buses with 15 or more passengers (not including the bus driver). Large vans or minibusses will be assessed a parking fee. Buses must park in the designated bus parking area in the northern parking lot adjacent to pick-up and drop-off parking. At times, the bus lot can fill up; in this case, buses will likely be directed by parking lot associates and/or Security staff on where to park. If the bus is merely dropping off your group and not staying in the lot all day, your bus will need to park where buses are being directed to park at that time, unload, and then exit. At no time are buses allowed to park in or near the fire lane in front of the plaza, regardless if you are dropping off your group or simply parking. Encourage your group to take note of where the bus is parked so they may find the bus at the end of their visit.
BUS DRIVER ADMISSION
Drivers of buses carrying 15 or more passengers will receive a courtesy pass valid on the date of the event from the toll booth associate. The bus driver will need to bring the courtesy pass to Guest Services and present his or her valid CDL to redeem the courtesy pass for an admission ticket. Only one bus driver courtesy pass is issued per bus and is only valid on the day the bus arrives (date on receipt).
Accelerometers WILL BE permitted on the following rides:
- Bumper Cars
- Ferris Wheel
- High Roller
- Mad Mouse
- Steel Venom
Electronic Accelerometers used in conjunction with a data vest WILL BE permitted on the following rides:
- Power Tower
- Wild Thing
- Xtreme Swing
For safety reasons, Valleyfair will only allow accelerometers that meet the following guidelines.
Non-Electronic Hand-Held Accelerometer
- Must be a simple-spring or horizontal accelerometer made of lightweight, non-breakable material.
- Simple-spring or horizontal accelerometer must be small enough to not interfere with the riders’ ability to safely ride the ride and must be secured to the rider. Riders must be able to hold on to restraints with both hands at all times.
- Accelerometers must have a wrist strap and have the ability to be secured for the duration of the ride.
Electronic and Phone App Accelerometers
- Electronic accelerometers (including phone app software) will only be permitted when used in conjunction with a data vest accessory.
- If your school or organization would like to supply and utilize a data vest for your students, it must be inspected and approved by Valleyfair prior to being allowed on the listed attractions. Please make your requests for approval to our sales team prior to arrival at the park.
- Vests must have the ability to secure the accelerometer or data device in a pocket and fastened with Velcro, a button or zipper.
- Vest must fit securely to the participant and must not interfere with the proper function of the restraint system.
- Vests must be secured on the rider before boarding the ride unit and the data device must be activated prior to the locking of the restraint.
In order to facilitate the use of accelerometers and provide each rider with the safest ride possible, accelerometers that do not meet these guidelines, will not be allowed on any ride. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!