What do you get when you combine hang gliding, skydiving, and bungee jumping? Awesome. Experience the breathtaking thrill of RipCord as you dive at a speed of 65 miles per hour while free-falling 18 stories toward the Earth, skimming just six feet above the ground. Guests wear a full-body harness that supports the flyer in a prone position.
The harness is connected to the flight support cables which produces a dramatic acceleration of 60 to 80 mph. Soar high over Route 76 and see marvelous views of the park during your adrenaline-pumping experience. Do you have what it takes to rip your own cord and shoot you and two of your friends into the sky? You’re in control of your own destiny with this unique experience. RipCord is located in Route 76 between Delirious and Antique Autos.
RipCord is not included with park admission, a separate fee is required.
Guests must be 42" tall to ride. Maximum Weight – 850 lb. per flight.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- This ride is a high-thrill Skycoaster attraction made to simulate flight. Riders are hoisted 180 feet into the air. They control their own ride experience by pulling the ripcord, initiating their tethered freefall descent and flight. The sensation of flight as riders fall is similar to skydiving and hang gliding, with riders reaching speeds up to 60-80 miles per hour.
- Riders wear a full-body harness that supports the rider in a prone position. The harness is connected to the flight support cables.
- Guests are required to have a minimum of one functioning leg. By reason of the restraint system inherent in the flight suit, the rider must possess two arms sufficient for the proper functioning of the flight suit to be maintained.
- Lower extremities must be of sufficient enough length to be contained and restrained by a leg strap.
- Proper functioning of the flight suit must be maintained for riders without an appropriate center of gravity.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate Access available via the ride entrance. Riders must be able to walk independently or be assisted by a member of their party.
- Glasses may only be worn on this attraction if they are secured with an athletic strap. Glasses may not be held in the hands of riders while riding.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.