Hold on to your hats. Actually, scratch that. Don’t even wear one. Because to say you launch out of the station is an injustice. This coaster catapults you forward so quickly, you’re not even sure if there’s a track in front of you. But with a name like Steel Venom, are you surprised? Short as it may seem, one trip on the Steel Venom is enough to make you come back for seconds, thirds, and tenths.
Once the ride begins, riders are accelerated in less than four seconds to 68 mph toward the forward tower before dropping back down through the station house and up the back tower. The train runs along a 656-foot U-shaped track, incorporating two 185-foot vertical spikes. The forward spike features a twisted spiral while the backward spike provides a straight freefall.
Be on the lookout during this ride – there is a thrilling surprise waiting during every final descent. Strap in, and get ready to stop, drop and roar.
Riders must 52” tall to ride. Maximum Height Requirement: 78”.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Max Height
- Steel Venom is an impulse roller coaster using linear induction motors to launch riders both forward and backward. Riders will experience changes in speed and direction, weightlessness, and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness with a safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size. A test seat is located at the ride entrance, which can be used to evaluate proper fit and comfort before waiting in line.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a typical center of gravity, and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
Guests who do not have an appropriate center of gravity must have sufficient lower extremities to ensure the ride restraint system adequately restrains them.
- Guests with any prosthesis must consult with Guest Services before waiting in line or riding.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of elevating themselves up into a suspended seat. Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- This ride utilizes magnetic systems during the ride.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.