Arguably Valleyfair’s most famous coaster, this green monster will have you going wild. Wild Thing begins by slithering 207 feet up the first hill, giving you stunning views of the entire park. This colossal hill is followed by a gravity-defying drop where the ride reaches up to 74 miles per hour.
This drop then immediately rolls into a second smaller hill, which will have you floating in your seat! Next is the figure eight helix, which soars under support beams for the ride, which seems uncomfortably close, but are in fact out of reach. Views of Route 76 can be seen as you begin to coast and catch your breath, but the funs not over. Wild Thing then concludes with a series of camelback hills running alongside the two first hills.
After a pitch-black tunnel greets you, make sure to smile for the camera! Photos can be viewed after the ride. Wild Thing is located between Funnel Cakes and Prontos. What are you waiting for? Go wild!
Riders must be 48” tall to ride.
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- This is an out-and-back hyper steel roller coaster with banked curves and airtime hills. Riders will experience changes in speed and direction, weightlessness, and rapid movements from side-to-side.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm cast, or full leg cast are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit. Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.