RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
Who said swings are for kids? Strap in for some big kid fun because this ride was made with thrill seekers in mind. North Star - named to celebrate the region’s affinity to being “up north” and the great outdoors - is a 230-foot-tall tower that spins riders more than 20 stories above the ground. Seated in two-person chain-link swings that allow feet to dangle, riders will slowly begin rotating in a circular motion reaching speeds of up to 40 mph as the swings ascend and descend the tower. It’s part nostalgia, part traditional swing, and generates enough wind that you’d think it could power a small city. North Star takes you to new heights – literally. Even the area's tallest buildings seem miniature as they disappear below your feet. But, it’s no surprise, this ride is taller than Wild Thing and is clearly an attraction designed for the daring. If lift off doesn’t take your breath away, the gorgeous 360 degree views of the park will.
Riders must be 44” tall to ride.
Rider Safety Information
- A chair swing thrill ride with free hanging seats suspended from an elevated and rotating gondola. Riders will rotate in a circular motion as the gondola ascends and descends the tower.
- An individual lap bar and a between-the-leg safety belt secures each rider. An additional individual seatbelt is positioned across the chest and under the arm of each rider.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have two functioning arms and two functioning legs. Two functioning arms are sufficient if the guest has a normal center of gravity and the lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Casts are not permitted on this ride.
- Prosthetics are not permitted on the ride.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up and over the side of the ride unit. Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting, as they will shift.
- Glasses may only be worn on this attraction if they are secured with an athletic strap. Glasses may not be held in the hands of riders while riding.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.