Buckle up and watch out for crazy drivers, it’s going to be a bumpy ride! Get behind the wheel of one of these classic bumper cars and actually enjoy some bumper-to-bumper traffic for once. Show off your driving skills and avoid being bumped while chasing after your friends and family. This classic bumper car ride has been in Valleyfair since 1976, when the park first opened its gates, so you're sure to have a smashing good time on this vintage ride. Over the years, guests have enjoyed chasing, spinning and bumping friends and family alike. Just when you think you've got a clear path, BAM! There's someone you didn't dodge. No trip to an amusement park would be complete without a ride on a classic bumper car! So get behind the wheel to learn the ropes and rails of bumper cars and begin your crash course in bumping and dodging. This ride is located across from Supercat.
Guests must be 54” to drive or 48” and accompanied by a supervising companion to ride. Guests under 7 years old must be accompanied.
Rider Safety Information
- A bumper car rise where guests drive cars designed for bumping into each other. Riders will experience strong side-to-side movement and rapidly changing direction and forces.
- An individual shoulder strap is positioned across the chest and under the arm of each rider.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, or braced arm cast cannot ride.
- Guests who do not demonstrate appropriate observed behavior must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
- Alternate Access is available at the exit of the ride. Riders will have to take several steps on their own or with the assistance of a companion, and be capable of stepping up and over the side of the ride unit. Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Avoid head-on collisions.
- Visit our Accessibility page for additional information.